Mission: To enhance the physical building, programming and the collections of the St. Cloud Library.
Bag of Books Sale Starts in One Week!
The St. Cloud Friends of the Library Bag of Books Sale will take place Thursday-Saturday, April 16-18 in the Mississippi Room of the St. Cloud Public Library. The sale features great deals on books by the bag including fiction, non-fiction, romance, mystery, paperbacks, children's and VHS. On Thursday bags will be priced at $3; Friday features a special where if you buy one bag at $3 you'll get the second bag free; and Saturday's price is $2 a bag. The sale will also feature a vintage, collectibles, and records section with sale prices as marked, as well as a silent auction that will run the duration of the sale. See our Bag of Books Sale Flyer for more information.
New Board Members Elected
More than 20 people braved the cold and wind to attend the 2015 Annual Membership Meeting on Wednesday, February 11. Some brief highlights from the meeting:
- The 2014 final and 2015 proposed budgets were reviewed and approved;
- Ryan McCormick (GRRL Patron Services Coordinator) shared a number of statistics around library usage in 2014:
- There were around 140,000 checkout sessions and around 884,000 items checked out
- eBook usage continues to grow, though not as quickly as previous years
- More people are coming in to use the free wi-fi on their own devices rather than using the computer lab
- There are around 600 volunteers who give their time at the library
- Teen program participation is up 173% from last year
- Sandy Tolland and Chris Mallo (GRRL Patron Services Coordinators) shared pictures and stories from numerous events, activities, and groups supported by efforts of the St. Cloud Friends of the Library
- Teen Advisory Board
- Sci-Fi Con
- Star Wars Adventure
- Llama Llama Celebration
- Summertime by George
- Halloween, Valentines, and other holiday activities
Three members are rolling off the board as their terms have expired: Joanne Kudrna, Steve Adrian, and Buzz Snyder. We thank them for their volunteerism, service, and dedication to the library. Karen Zimmer has completed her term as President and now resumes the role of Director, while Pat Ditlevson steps up from the Vice-President to the President role.
Five new members were also elected to the board: Jim Hixson, Sue Mack, Sue Pogatschnik, Clint Smith, and Mary Ann Tourres. Sue Pogatschnik was voted in as the new Vice-President. We all look forward to accomplishing great things in 2015!
2015 Annual Meeting
The St. Cloud Friends of the Library Annual Membership Meeting will take place at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, February 11 in the Children's Meeting Room of the St. Cloud Public Library. The meeting will include review of the proposed 2015 budget, vote for election of new members of the board, and updates from library staff.
- Minutes from the 2014 Annual Meeting are available here.
- The 2014 Profit and Loss Statement to be reviewed is here.
- The proposed 2015 Profit and Loss Budget is here.
The St. Cloud Friends of the Library, in cooperation with the Seberger Roosevelt Neighborhood Association and the United Way, have put a Little Free Library in Seberger Park, St. Cloud. The Little Free Library is dedicated in the memory of Karen Mrja, a true friend of the St. Cloud Public Library, who died last year.
More information to follow...
CHECK OUT THE NEW LOCKED CABINET FOR VINTAGE AND COLLECTIBLE BOOKS!
The St. Cloud Friends of the Library is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Donations and memberships are tax deductible.
We are an all volunteer organization. Profits from the Bookstore, memberships and donations are used to purchase new books and materials for the library and sponsor programs.
Join St. Cloud Friends of the Library and help us change lives!